Saturday, October 2, 2010

For Briana, Tiffany and Ericka: galactic


There is no loss in the mind of the Divine, therefore, I cannot lose anything which belongs to me. It will be restored or I will receive its equivalent and more. ~Florence Scovel Shinn
(Last post from TLH’s Facebook wall 9.22.10)


galactic
There is loss, a short movement that is only felt on the edge of the skin in a way that leaves one longing yet wrapped in understanding; connecting us to the web of life through the soft tears we shed.

This loss.
Your loss.
Our being lost is more of the gut wrenching soul churning act that creates a shift in the time space continuum.
The type of loss that is felt in the marrow of the earth, an irrevocable change in the gravitational pull.

This loss.
Your loss.
Our being lost must be configured into a new galactic map which our hearts must generate in order to account for the collapsing of a super nova star; we must find a way to explain the black hole that is dancing on the edge of our memories of you.
It will take years to fully re educate the world on the impact of
this loss.
Your loss.
Our being lost.

To re learn/reteach your name-
for how does one rename stars, planets, sisters, daughter, nieces, mothers.
It will take the better part of an ion to transfer memory into past tense, if it is even possible.

And as I watch moonbeam light which you carried in your smile, fade, I know you have left me enough light to follow, if I am willing, when I am able.

And it is this loss,
Which must be surrendered.
your loss,
which you have already surrendered
our being lost,
which can only be turned over to a high power

Briana Franzmeier: Our last conversation was year ago today- at the TC Marathon. I talked of maybe being pregnant; you talked of cancer and recent hysterectomy. Who knew a year later I would be holding my son and you would be gone. Life is precious, valuable and NOW.

Tiffany Harmon: I vividly remember our time at Youthlink. You taught me to be a woman of my worth. You came to my wedding, wearing purple it waved proud in the Sun; it made me feel less afraid. I saw you years later at convention-you were the first person to say, “I know that name it is from the bible”. For this and more, you hold my heart.

Ericka: Words fail, tears fail. No comfort calms. Pain ebbs, tears slow. And I would have it no other way FireFly Goddess.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Just wow. Its beautiful, beauty in the face of pain, loss, suffering. I wish at times I could be this poetic about my thoughts, at times I am. This touches to so much of the key points of I believe everyone's experience in loss.

    ReplyDelete